CALLING ALL "LOST FANS" Can someone please explain to me what exactly happened on the "Lost Finale???

Did they all die and were reuniting in sprit if so how was it that Ben & Hurley stayed on the island and Kate, Sawyer, Clair, the pilot and a Chinese dude ( not Jin or Sun). Were able to fly away?

Thank you so much for summing it up for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Entertainment

• What I gathered (granted this was the only episode I have ever seen) Is that they all died EVENTUALLY and that is where they met afterwards. Some of them lived off the island but then when they were all dead (some could of died of old age) they came together. His Dad told him that "there" there is no "now" .........get it?
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:04 AM on May. 24, 2010

• his dad also said something along the lines of, "some of them died before you, and some died waaaay after."
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 8:07 AM on May. 24, 2010

• At the end of the episode they showed the beach with all the parts of the plane still strewn around. They cleared that stuff up and used a lot of of it during the course of the series. I took that to mean that they all died in the plane crash and that they've basically been in purgatory ever since. Seems to me that they decided not to bother tying up loose ends and basically went for a dream sequence types scenario. So very lame.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on May. 24, 2010

• They left it open for interpretation mainly because the producers have already said they are not against future LOST movies, graphic novels, books etc. So they left it open for you to guess.
    What I took from it was that the plane parts at the end were from the plane Lapidus, Miles, Kate, Sawyer and Richard were on in the end. That that plane had crashed and they all went to the sideways world which Christian said is a place that they had all created so they could be together. Then at the end when the doors open up they all go to Heaven together and "move on"
    Anonymous

• Anon before me, I think that's the best explanation of the plane parts!! i was wondering what that meant and I think that makes perfect sense!!
    I think they were all in the "alternate life" until they worked out their issues; Jack had to come to grips with his father/son issues; Hurley had to realize he wasn't crazy; Sawyer became a productive citizen and not a thief; and Locke had to give up his anger and bitterness so he could forgive Ben when the time came.
    I just don't understand why Penny was there but not Locke's wife; why Miles and Lapidus weren't there but Daniel and the red haired girl were; and why there weren't any kids (Sun and Jin's girl, Aaron, Micheal's son).
    I liked the ending. I thought it gave us everything we wanted: Everyone got back together, the Man in Black died, and they were freed from the island. But it was still mysterious, weird, and totally confusing!!!!! Just like the entire series.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 3:23 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Wow, after all the confusion of the finale, I'm so glad I never watched that show. lol Everyone I know loves it, but that finale is driving me nuts. :)
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 5:40 PM on May. 24, 2010