can sex help bring on contractions to labor. im just curious. im 39 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes it can, they say that sperm has a chemical or an enzyme in it that will start contractions...BUT its not guaranteed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on May. 24, 2010

• It is possible that sex can bring on contractions. There is a hormone in semen called oxytocin that can bring on contractions. The synthetic form of this hormone is call pitocin and is used to induce labor. The concentration in semen is much lower than is given to induce labor. I depends on the amount of oxytocin in the semen and how sensitive your body is to it.
    lori57703

Answer by lori57703 at 12:54 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Yes definately!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:54 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I heard that rough sex can throw you into labor...and Ive heard about the sperm thing too! However, I tried to throw myself into labor when I was pregnant...and nothing ever worked. I ended up getting induced! Good luck!
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 12:54 AM on May. 24, 2010

• My Dr also told me that the movements that your muscles make during an orgasm can also help contribute to it, along with the sperm.

BUT - the bottom line with it though is that it will only help things along if your body is ready for it to begin with, so...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:56 AM on May. 24, 2010

• my doctor told me that sex is a good start and also try having your husband play with your nipples.. it helps release a chemical that also could jumpstart contractions good luck...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I tried ALL the techniques except te castro oil (BAD NEWS). Nothing ever works! The baby will come when it's ready.... sucks, I know!
    DAjZeZnLE

Answer by DAjZeZnLE at 9:39 AM on May. 24, 2010