Is rand paul crazy?! (blacks only) (whites only )(mexicans only ETC.!) READ THE ARTicle

He says private businesses should be able to decide what races can and cannot come in,And fox new backs them up!

what do you think about this?

do you agree?!!!

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 12:46 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:47 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Personally, I think any private business has the right to decide who they will and not serve. I know if I had business, there are certain types (not colors) of people I would refuse business to.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:53 AM on May. 24, 2010

• well yes PEOPLE like if a certain person is being disrespectful to ur business or anything in that situation.But to say a whole certain race group,you will just absolutely not serve to because of their race is absurd,and ignorant
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:55 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Ya know, I thought about this. I think of why we even have this law, but guess what. Wouldn't you rather NOT go to a doc (RAND IS AN EYE DR), that DOESN'T WANT TO SERVE YOU. I sure wouldn't. If he wants to only serve "whites" for example, I think he should be forced to advertise that (which was NOT done in the past and apparently non whites were to ASSUME they weren't acceptable). He would only do biz with whites folks that agreed to his segregation. Limited business. If thats good for him, it's good for me. Again, I personally would NEVER do biz with RACIST, if I knew they were. I would be much happier for that. However, is he saying they can be scattered all across America. As a native, I still think this is not "white mans land" so NO they should not be allowed to scatter. But I could almost agree to a small region but never a state. I feel WPs need to go back to their dominant land of origin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I also want to mention that his father is a supported by White Supremacy groups, I noticed on a particular HATE site that THEY refer to his lingo as "code". I don't doubt thats why the Rhodes Scholar, Rachel Maddow, pursued him in this damning interview she had with him. It's apparently ONLY appropriate to stand up for what you believe in, in this Politically Correct (PC) society by speaking in CODE. Makes me wonder why so many folks here are so against Political Correctness. Hmmmm, "Code" anyone?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I didn't see anywhere in the article that Fox supported Paul's views. Where did you get that from?

I understand what Mr. Paul is saying, and I sort of agree with it. PRIVATE businesses should be allowed to do business however they want. IF they are doing something that is unacceptable, then that businesses customer base will most certainly let him know. Guess you gotta be a libertarian to understand what he is saying.

And as for the ADA, it does make a lot of sense to allow the business to implement alternative measures to accommodate those with disabilities, rather than mandate a lot of expensive government, one-size-fits-all solutions for what is better taken care of at a local level.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I don't doubt thats why the Rhodes Scholar, Rachel Maddow

You say that as if it makes her less stupid. I am not a big Rand Paul fan though.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:12 AM on May. 24, 2010

• He said they should be allowed to make there own mistake.

I see nothing about  FOX, what did you do throw that in for the fun of it?

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 5:39 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Again, I personally would NEVER do biz with RACIST, if I knew they were.

Which he's not - he's saying a black eye doctor should be allowed to refuse white patients, a Muslim eye doctor should be allowed to refuse Christian patients and Mexican doctors should be allowed to refuse English speaking patients. Never once has he said he's a racist, that he doesn't want anything to do with other races, or that he would enact these rules for himself. He's saying a PRIVATELY OWNED business should have the right to choose its clientele. Period. He's saying a vegetarian employer can refuse carnivorous employees, non-smoking employers can refuse smokers, as long as it's a privately owned business. Kind of like you can refuse smokers, meat eaters, or yes, white people, in your own privately owned home without breaking the law.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:46 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Yes, I believe Rand Paul is crazy. His belief that private business should decide who they will or will not serve , that the Civil Rights Act was wrong to outlaw private acts of racism is outragous! His thoughts and attitude will only hurt him. This is America - basic rights for all PEOPLE!
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 7:59 AM on May. 24, 2010