How old was your baby when he/she started eating Rice Cereal?

How old was your baby when you started feeding him/her rice cereal?? Is 6 weeks too early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 2 months I added a little in their bottle, it helped them stay full longer and sleep through the night... at 4 months I started mixing it in bowls and spoon feeding it...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:01 AM on May. 24, 2010

• 3 months, and my SOs grandmother was begging me to do it beforehand, but i refused and i told her not to either, cuz my baby would sometimes gag himself just sucking too much milk out of a regular bottle so i didnt want to thicken it up and make it harder for him. at 3 months i would put just enough in a bottle and let him have it before bed, then at 4 months he ate it with a spoon for breakfast. and YES 6 weeks is too early, wait another month
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 1:06 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Per the AAP, six weeks is WAAAAY too early. Four months for a formula baby, six months for a breastfed.

Never did cereal. Icky stuff that tastes like wallpaper paste. (Yes, there was an unfortunate Wallpaper Incident in my past!)

Answer by gdiamante at 1:09 AM on May. 24, 2010

• http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/solids-sleep.html
    Dianebrooke

Answer by Dianebrooke at 1:09 AM on May. 24, 2010

• 4 months. She was breastfed, but I worked and pumped, so it wasn't enough milk as she got older.
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 1:40 AM on May. 24, 2010

• 4 months is when i started (doc told me to). But i agree with gdaimante. Its way too early. And never in the bottle!!!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:45 AM on May. 24, 2010

• If you're breastfeeding and your baby seems to be hungry a lot, feed more often. You're milk supply will increase in a couple of days and your baby should be more content again.
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 1:53 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I think 6 weeks is way too early, but you should consult with your child's doctor. My 1st was 4 months and my 2nd was almost 7 months when we started cereal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Never. Both my daughters hated it with first bite so i never gave it to them again.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 3:42 AM on May. 24, 2010

• 6 weeks he was breastfeed as well and started solids as soon as he could hold his head up but never ate baby food our ped was strictly against it he ate what we ate smashed up
    bandrplus2

Answer by bandrplus2 at 4:02 AM on May. 24, 2010