What product get the smell of pee out of sheets?

Does anything really work? My step son is still wetting the bed once or twice a week and even after I wash his bedding it still smell like pee! thanks for the info

superstepmommy

Asked by superstepmommy at 1:08 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I use Borax. It is All Natural and you can get it for around $3 a box at Wal-mart. It is a Laundry Booster that goes in with your detergent. It works for me. It gets the smell, as well as the yellowing, out of my sons sheets and clothing.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 3:59 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Oh yeah, on the rare occasion that his Mattress cover slips and the pee gets on his mattress, I mix it with water and clean it as well. Because it is not a chemical, it leaves no bad smell or anything if I don't get it rinsed completely.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 4:02 AM on May. 24, 2010

• We still have that problem sometimes too, what I do is to run them through a complete cycle with just plain water or adding some white vinegar to the load. Making sure the washer isn't too full, then run them through again with some soap. I've done this for a lot of smells in laundry. It works great, and don't worry about the vinegar smell, it goes away when they dry.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 7:59 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I use Oxy Clean. I have also used Borax. And make sure you have a mattress cover on his bed cause the smell could be in the mattress.
    Nicole_2007

Answer by Nicole_2007 at 7:15 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Oh and also I pretreat it. I will take a small amount of Oxyclean and mix it with water then I will rub it in to the sheets and wait 5 minutes before washing it. I have also found since I bought a energy efficent washer it helps to get the smells out of my cloghes and bedding because your cloghes and bedding are not sitting in the dirty water
    Nicole_2007

Answer by Nicole_2007 at 7:17 PM on May. 24, 2010

• vinegar in wash will help kill the smell or clorox or clorox 2 for colors
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 8:55 PM on May. 24, 2010

• If I have to I put some bleach in the water first... dissolve it a bit the add whatever has pee on it, plus some Purex. It works just fine. But usually the Purex does the trick!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:09 PM on May. 24, 2010

• white vinegar- I use it to clean my son's playpen and the crib mattress, if you ned to sanitize a lil bleach will work or they have some products on the market now that wont harm the kids
    termit2001

Answer by termit2001 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• i work with clients that have accidents and something that works for us (plus my DD still has accidents too at night and use this on hers too). we first soak the clothing in a solution of 3:1 vinager and water for 5 min before we wash it, then in the washer we add the vinager water solution and we add 1 cup of baking soda (you can get a big bag at costco if you have one there and have a card) with our laundry soap (any kind you use works) and just wash what was pee soaked in the washer. dry as normal and the smell should come out. it also works for BM stains as well
    mommything03

Answer by mommything03 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2010