Has anyone had a root canal on just one tooth?

I have one cavity and it has gotten so bad I need a root canal on it. Has anyone had one and how bad was it? Did it hurt while having it and did it hurt after having it? I have massive panic attacks and I am scared to death I have not had to have anything done but one cavity filled once and I did okay with it. Thanks so much for the help...

butterbear

Asked by butterbear at 1:09 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Health

• I had two of them last year and it wan't bad. But then one of them develpoed a cist later and I had to have surgery to fix it twice. And that surgery sucked. I guess it depends on the skill of your endodontist.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 7:43 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I had a root canal when my almost 3 year old son kicked my mouth while we were play wrestling! It hurt, yes, but not nearly as much as the crown they had to do on the same tooth a couple years later. It didn't hurt during the procedure, they gave me some pain medication and it might not hurt for most people after, but I am allergic to codeine (the base medcation for a lot of pain medications) and can't take NSAIDS (advil, motrin, etc) due to decreased kidney function, but I was stuck with just tylenol after the root canal, so I had pain for a couple days after.

Answer by missanc at 8:39 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I have had 5, yes 5. It doesn't hurt, if anything it is relief from the pain you feel before you have it done. You will be sore but it goes away after a couple days.
    Anonymous

• No biggie---don't worry---the doc will numb ya up real good and give ya pain killers for after. Really---don't worry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:57 AM on May. 29, 2010