Anyone ever experience this?

So we've had this bed of ours for like 6-9 months.. can't remember for the life of me when we bought it. Anyways the idea of it sounded awesome.. its a queen size 13 inch memory foam mattress... its in 4 layers so you can customize the firmness.. sounds great right?

This bed is my worst nightmare. The fricken layers slide and it ends up all even and then you have to adjust it ever fricken week.. as it starts to slide around it gets so uncomfy.

Anyways.. been trying to figure out something to do to keep the layers from moving so much.. its driving me nuts and its making my husband not wanna sleep int he bed (he has a horrible back) any advice? I'm so lost..

Skye-Angel

Asked by Skye-Angel at 2:26 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We had a 6 inch memory foam nightmare mattress topper. I hated that thing! But my husband liked it even though he continued to have back pain. I had back pain so bad from it that some mornings I could barely walk. Our didn't have layers though. The best thing we ever did was get rid of it. I am finally sleeping better and my back is a lot better and DH complains a lot less of back and neck pain. So my advice would be to get a new mattress. If you can't afford that right now maybe try gluing the layers together with fabric glue. I don't know if glue would work very well, it's just a thought.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on May. 24, 2010

• i spent one of my tax returns on the real deal... tempur pedic... BEST investment!!! sorry you are having troubles.. can you use/make those suspender type clips.... you know the ones that are supposed to help keep bed sheets in place....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I don't know if this will help in your situation, but we have a memory foam on top of our mattress that would move all over the place like you are describing. At least once a week I had to fix it. I bought one of those "no slip" carpet pads (a large one) and put it between the mattress and the foam. It is not nearly as bad anymore. I still straighten it when I change the sheets, but our heads aren't hanging off the edge of the foam anymore at night!
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 4:40 AM on May. 24, 2010

• these things are always for sale in the classifieds of the newspaper, now i know why
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:13 AM on May. 25, 2010