How do you get rid of Cockroaches?!?!

we have cockroaches in our kitchen. We are super clean people, I've had an exterminator out 5 times now, and they are still here!!! Does anyone know what to do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• does your exterminator have a guarantee??? do you live in an apartment?? i used to use an environmentally safe exterminator sorry cant remember the names but they were the BEST and after a treatment if i ever saw a bug they came back for free!! 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Yeah, I think he is guaranteed, we paid the first time he came, and every time he has came since then we haven't paid a dime. I do not live in an apartment, so I know they are just coming through the walls or anything. This kitchen is just infested! If there is nothing on the counters, it is rare to see one. But as soon as we cook dinner and there is food out, out they come! It is ridiculous! I'm at my wits end! I feel like we will be living with cockroaches FOREVER!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Have you tried the traps?
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:07 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Roaches are one of the hardest bugs to get rid of...
    1. keep ALL windows closed and or screened
    they will find warm areas of the house to nest, i.e. under hot water tanks, furnaces, frigs, stoves, etc... they breed quickly also
    so if you have that many now, you WILL have 3x that amount in a few months.
    3. you have several options hire a professional they have contracts that once they come out they tend to come out again free or for a smaller fee and their work is usually guaranteed to work and they do the outside of the house for you too or you can bag everything up, buy Raid roach bombs and close off all the rooms and bomb them... you will have to wash and scrub everything afterwards, but with this method, you MUST pull out your frig, and stove and place one in the room with your hot water tank ... it can be a pain but most often it works well too...GL
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:14 AM on May. 24, 2010