How to get rid of roaches...????please help..

I've recently been noticing alot of roaches in my bedroom and my child's bedroom... I mean alot like 50 of them at once, we never had this problem until we started leaving our windows wide open all night... how can I get rid of them? they are very gross! Please help

psychobilly_mom

Asked by psychobilly_mom at 3:58 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Roaches are one of the hardest bugs to get rid of...
    1. keep ALL windows closed and or screened
    they will find warm areas of the house to nest, i.e. under hot water tanks, furnaces, frigs, stoves, etc... they breed quickly also
    so if you have that many now, you WILL have 3x that amount in a few months.
    3. you have several options hire a professional they have contracts that once they come out they tend to come out again free or for a smaller fee and their work is usually guaranteed to work and they do the outside of the house for you too or you can bag everything up, buy Raid roach bombs and close off all the rooms and bomb them... you will have to wash and scrub everything afterwards, but with this method, you MUST pull out your frig, and stove and place one in the room with your hot water tank ... it can be a pain but most often it works well too...GL
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:12 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Close the windows, obviously they're finding a way in that way.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:43 AM on May. 24, 2010

• You might try the traps first, but if they don't soon disappear, I would call an exterminator. Roaches multiply very quickly!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:06 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Boric acid and bay leaves.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:48 PM on May. 24, 2010