What do I do after giving a dose of medicine late, when he's on two alternating meds, every four hours?

My newborn baby is on two medicines for reflux - raglan and zantac. His reflux is a serious issue - he's even on a home pulse-ox monitor, apnea monitor, and takes oxygen while eating, due to the reflux. He goes back and forth between the two medicines, every four hours. I set the alarm on my phone for his 3 a.m. dose of zantac, but forgot to do the final step of confirming the time, so the alarm didn't go off. So he got his 3 a.m. zantac at 5 a.m. . He's due for his reglan at 7 a.m. But should I give him that at 7, since I just gave him medicine at 5 am????

Jill97

Asked by Jill97 at 6:41 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would bc its a different medication....call a pharmacy & ask the pharmacist
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:43 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I agree with PP... call a pharmacist. They would have the right answer for you since they are schooled in RX medications.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:58 AM on May. 24, 2010