When should i tell people im preggers?

I'm 19 and not married and I know alot of people are going to look down on me plus my mother had a misscarriage and Im super scared that its gonna happen to me as well(i have been super parinod lately)Im only going on 9 weeks now..when is a good time to telll everyone the news??

youngNdumb

Asked by youngNdumb at 4:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you feel uncomfortable telling people because you may have a miscarriage, wait until you are 12-13 weeks when you start your 2nd trimester. Most miscarriages will happen within your first trimester. Try not to stress because you will cause your baby stress so try and stay relaxed, eat well, and get plenty of rest. I am 19 and this is my 2nd pregnancy. It was hard for me to tell people with my first one because I was 17 and not married either. At first some people were a little judgemental but the people who were really important to me were okay and very acceptive. Good luck, I hope everything goes well!
    winesburghqh

Answer by winesburghqh at 4:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• As soon as possible cause the stress level will go down for you if you get it out. And even if you do have a miscarriage...that baby will always be apart of you. If your family are decent...even halfway decent, they'll support you no matter what. Congrats!
    MyLittleBlossom

Answer by MyLittleBlossom at 4:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

MyLittleBlossom

MyLittleBlossom

MyLittleBlossom

• after 3 months - you will be past the danger of misscarrage zone and will not have to share that kind of news with people.
    i was waiting to tell my coworkers until after 3 months and still havent i guess it will come out eventually :)
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I'm 17 and I was paranoid about having a miscarriage because my sister had one recently and I waited a long time to tell my parents like i was 3 months they weren't to happy i waited so long but everyone has been supportive surprisingly im  not married but my boyfriend whom is the father has stuck by me and has known right along if you don't want to tell your parents right away tell a vary trusted friend so that you at least have someone to talk to.
    bumblebeetunawe

Answer by bumblebeetunawe at 4:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I agree 3 months is a good time. Don't worry what people think , just think about how you feel about it. And after you do tell people just surround yourself with the positive and weed out the negative, this is a special time in your life and you don't need it. Good luck!
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• The general rule of thumb is to wait until the second trimester, since the risk of miscarriage drops after that point. Stress during pregnancy can increase the risk of miscarriage. So if keeping it to yourself is getting to be too stressful, start with your close family, maybe even close friends. If they truly care about you they will try to be supportive.
    momma503

Answer by momma503 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• well you should stop being so peranoide about having a miscariage because that only causes stress which can cause a miscarriage and also you should tell people that you are pregnant whenever you are ready for how they might react but honestly if you are happy with this baby then in shouldnt matter what other people think of you. i am 17, unmarried, and pregnant and understand what your going through
    Anonymous