Charleston, SC and Myrtle Beach?

My husband and I are planning a trip (kid free) to Charleston, SC and Myrtle Beach for late summer/early fall. What are some must see/do things in both places?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Travel

• We were just in Charleston in March and we did the horse and carriage tour, went to the old slave market, took a ferry over to Fort Sumter, we went to the Middleton Place Plantation. The plantation was amazing by the way, the gardens are beautiful. I don't recommend taking kids to Charleston though, at least not little ones, maybe middle school and older. There is also an Aquarium near the port where you catch the ferry to Fort Sumter. Charleston churches and cemetaries have an 'open gate' policy....if the gates are open you are welcome to go in and tour them. We didn't use our car at all until we went to the plantation, if you stay in the downtown area you can walk everywhere.

Myrtle Beach-we go there every August. It's definitely more of a family setting. It is very touristy and there are a gazillion things to do if you have the funds to do them.

I'd pick a romantic trip to Charleston.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:53 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Charleston has some good haunted places you can tour if you are into that. I would love to but when we go we will have our 2 year old.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 8:29 AM on May. 24, 2010

• mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 8:33 AM on May. 24, 2010

• take a horse and carriage ride in charleston, maybe go on a fishing trip, if that would appeal to you...there are sunset cruises/ party boats. there are great restaurants too! there is an aquarium, but i have never been to it. i used to go to this blues club, but i don't remember what it was called. you could tour the beaches and plantations too.
    have a great time!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:05 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Well Mrytle Beach is geared toward family but you can find alot of stuff to do without kids as well. Charleston has more for adults to do. You must take a tour on Rainbow street. There is so much to do here. Picnic at the battery. Go to the slave market and go shopping. I think I need to take a trip to charlestion. LOL
    angellove29115

Answer by angellove29115 at 12:32 PM on May. 26, 2010