Are there any free summer camps available in the Atlanta, Georgia area?

I am looking for free summer camps or vacation bible schools that are free in my area, I know that it may be hard to find such a thing but I thought that I would at least be resourceful.

princessmo2480

Asked by princessmo2480 at 8:28 AM on May. 24, 2010 in

• i don't know if it's free, but our YMCA offers "scholoships" to their summer camps for families that qualify.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:31 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Your City Parks and Recreation Department also should have some camps with financial aid, if you qualify. Churches you would just have to call around, but most VBS are free.

Answer by missanc at 8:35 AM on May. 24, 2010

• In North Georgia there have been several that I have found, but the cut off dates for applying have come and gone already. Most of the ones that I know that do scholarships wanted the applications submitted a month ago so that they had plenty of time to prepare the summer schedules, hire enough help, etc, etc.

I don’t want to discourage you from trying, but with the last week of school being THIS week, your time to apply for free camps is very limited!!!

Good Luck!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:38 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Most churches do vacation bible schools free of charge. They usually last 1 week 8-12 or so.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 8:47 AM on May. 24, 2010