why does we always get branded as the NAG?

so my so does things like tracking dirt through the house with his huge shoes, or eating/drinking and leaving it right in the living room, or he will spill crumbs and sweep it up, but he will leave the trash sitting in the dust pan rather than dumping it in the trash, he leaves his clothes all over the place and then comes home and expects me to say absolutely nothing about the mess he made because he just got off work. so why is it when i ask him to take his shoes off at the door im being a nag? i try to lighten the situation by attepting to us humor (hey, im gonna beat you with my shoe for getting the floor all dirty) but it doesnt matter how i say it, he would rather i just shut up! and i would rather he just pick up behind himself instead of making me sound like my mom! so how do i handle this? i want him to do stuff at home and he would rather not hear about it? he seriously doesnt move once he comes home!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i know!!!! if they don't want us to nag, then why don't they just listen??????
    i do not even consider myself a nag. if i want dh to do something i write it down, and show it to him once a month. he had a list a mile long (20 things) of things he needed to do before this baby comes...so he waits till the last minute, and then gathers sympathy from everyone around him because of his to do list...mind you , much of it was pretty normal stuff like mow the lawn!
    i still get the rep of bing a nag, and he gets all these pats on the back for being such a great husband!!!!\
    good think i love him : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:39 AM on May. 24, 2010

• To answer your main question.. because honestly we are big naggers. If you sit back and look at yourself even though there is good reason for what you are saying, you are nagging. We all do it though. No matter how hard we try.

They always said if a man say's your not his mother and to quit nagging. That's a good thing, it means your doing your job. lol.
    It sounds to me like he is a typical man and your a typical woman.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 8:41 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Because most women are naggers. My dh will tell you though that I don't nag. I usually let things go. He does the same as your
    SO with tracking in dirt, he takes his clothes off and leaves them wherever, leaves dishes all over the house but I just deal with it. Now if I mop the floor during the day I will call him at work and say, I mopped the floor today please take your shoes off before you come in. That way I have a nice floor for one day at least. If I have company coming I will do the same thing, Can you make sure to pick up your clothes (or dishes or whatever) I have a play date tomorrow and am trying to keep the house clean, and he will do it. Now, my house isn't always spotless, not even close, but he never gives me a hard time about dishes in the sink or laundry not caught up and I don't nag him about taking out the trash or whatever else he has to do. Those things seem minor in the big scheme of things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on May. 24, 2010

• To call someone a nag is just a technique to get them to back down from calling you on your bad behavior.....ignore the namecalling and keep nagging.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 24, 2010

• lmao at you ladies this is funny! but i HATE sounding like my mom, i remember her having some of the same conversations with me when i was about his age (he is 4 years younger than i am) and i keep telling him, honey i know you are younger than i am but if you are going to wear the pants of a married man then you have to take all the responsibility that comes with it, other than that you can be single!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on May. 24, 2010