when did you start potty training and how?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 8:43 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Before the second birthday because his BM were predictable at the time.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 8:52 AM on May. 24, 2010

• at about 15-16 months i introduced the potty. I would let him sit every time i was on the toilet. Then by 18 months he started stripping himself and going in the bathroom that is when i realized the was ready he was fully potty trained almost immediately (except for nights). We would give him a tootsie roll every time he would go potty and cheer him on. But about 3 weeks ago he just stopped so now i am trying to fix this. (he is 21 months now)
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 8:56 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I had no luck with training starting at age 2. When my daughter was 3 and still had never used the potty I had my babysitter do it for me. One week and she was trained. She also trained my other daughter who was 2 at the time. Makes me feel inadequate as a mom. She also broke the paci habit for me.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:00 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I waited until he showed all the signs. He was 2.5...it took less than a week to go completely diaper/pull-up free. No issue since.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:42 AM on May. 24, 2010