What are you feelings about women in the military? What if they have children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think its fine. My mother was in the army when I was 5-7. We moved to Germany with her for a year. I thought it was a lot of fun. It wasn't war time though. My dad was a great father and would have been great if my mother had been deployed. As long as the woman has somebody reliable to watch the children it is no different than a dad being in the service.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:20 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Women should never be required to engage in combat while in the military.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 9:21 AM on May. 24, 2010

• A mom showing her children that she will stand and defend her country is a great thing. Its to be admired, same as if a man were in the service. I don't see a difference.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I don't personally see a problem with it. I've known a few moms who are active duty too, and it's the same as if the dad is active duty. However I do think they should be allowed to engage in combat just like a dad can engage in combat. I don't think that they should be treated any differently just because they are women, and I know that is a popular opinion among many people in the military. I mean, don't get me wrong, it is sad for a child to lose a mother but it's just as sad for that child to lose a father too. That is just my opinion, I'm sure many don't agree with it, but I'm okay with that. I also think that SINGLE parents should only be sent to war zone if there is no other option because for that child to lose its ONLY parent would be absolutely devastating.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:30 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Well I wouldn't be a single mom in the military, especially during times of war.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:32 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Men have children too. No one wonders about them joining the military.

Women have the right to choose, and that includes careers in the military.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:02 AM on May. 24, 2010

• They should be able to go into any branch of the service and they should be able to go to the front lines if they want. IF they have kids it's not my decision. If she has no problem with the chance she may die then who am I to care. I hope she has a will and someone to care for her kids but it's her or her and her husbands decision.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:36 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Not seeing why a woman should be any different than a guy in the military. Women have the babies but men have to get her pregnant so men are just as vital as females. There are many female warriors through out life. If they want to fight, then they should be allowed to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I don't see the difference between that and a man with children that joins the military.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:00 AM on May. 24, 2010

____________________________________

Women are not allowed in combat grade MOS fields of any kind. Danger close is always a possibility in an Area of Operation, but as far as being able to actively participate in a field of specialty focusing mainly on combat and training for combat, no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on May. 24, 2010