Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to deal with a psycho person

yesterday my grandsons orther grandmother came down to see him. which i had misgivings about. shes lied to us in the past. but we felt she should see her grandchild. her son had recently moved to phoenix. he hasnt emailed text or called about his son. he had recently took him there without my daughters permission. well while the other grandma was her she got into a heated arguement with my daughter about taking the grandson to phoenix .my daughter told her no. the other grandmother held my daughters arms twice. the last time she held her down then slapped her. i was trying to pull them apart. when she hit my child i lost it i told her to leave and said a few choice words. then i called the cops. there is an icident report. there are court order visition papers filed in the state where my grandson lives. but we dont know what to do now.

Answer Question

Asked by stressedoutgran at 9:23 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

Level 15 (2,324 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • You may have to contact an lawyer that specializes in such cases. Get some input as to how to handle this... and right now DO NOT allow the other grandmother to visit... she isn't the one with the visitation arrangement, the father is so she has NO rights...

    Answer by gmasboy at 9:48 AM on May. 24, 2010

  • Make contact with the court that ordered visitation and hand in a copy of the incident report along with a request that due to circumstances, visitation should be supervised or non-existent until this grandma can get herself under control. She is a danger to herself and others at this point. Not sure how old the grandson is, but he can always refuse her visits if he wants. just because you have to allow her visitation doesn't mean he does. His decision should have some bearing court ordered or not. You can't "force" a child to see someone they don't WANT to see.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:50 AM on May. 24, 2010

  • and yeah I agree with gmasboy.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:50 AM on May. 24, 2010

  • Once she put her hands on your dd she forfeited her chance to come back into her home if you ask me. It is correct that the bio father has visitation rights, not the grandmother. I'd say she screwed up. I'd get a restraining order.

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:00 AM on May. 24, 2010

  • I'd thrown her out on her rearend after the way she acted.I agree with the previous need a restraining order.

    Answer by evelynwest at 11:10 AM on May. 27, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.