2 yr. old won't feed himself

My two year old has the attentions span of a gnat. LoL! I know most of them are like that, but I can not get him to sit at the table and feed himself. His attention is always elsewhere. I turn off the TV or any noise so he can not be distracted by them and he still won't calm down enough to eat UNLESS it's a sandwich. I don't want to feed him sandwiches all day! I have to sit there and feed him his Cheerios in the morning and w/e he eats for dinner if it involves using a utensil. Any suggestions?

DAjZeZnLE

Asked by DAjZeZnLE at 9:36 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sandwhiches are NOT bad things to want. Both my kids went through phases like that. My son had Oatmeal ALL day, my daughter ate peanut butter. I would always make them sit at the table with hub and I at dinner though, and they were always offered and told to try different foods. He have very strict table manners in my house. But it's just a phase and it goes away quickly
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:39 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Try giving him his Cheerios dry so that he can eat them with his hands. It may just be that he lacks hand to mouth coordination, and once he gets that down, he may be able to handle a spoon and a fork. Give him raisins and other things he can eat with his hands, putting him at the table as you would for regular meals. Even green beans and some other cooked foods can be picked up and eaten.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:40 AM on May. 24, 2010