What std testing do they do when you find out you are pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• chlymidia,gonerrhea,HPV

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:04 AM on May. 24, 2010

• chlymidia,gonerrhea,HPV

dido not sure what else if any
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:04 AM on May. 24, 2010

• they tested me for HIV as well.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:05 AM on May. 24, 2010

• ok so hpv is geital warts? so if I had them (no no signs just wundering) then the test would come back positive? I have been with only ppl my whole life ( almost 28) and with the same guy for the last 10 years (married 7) neither has cheated I am 100% sure.. It just scares me sometimes because my mom was only with 2 guys my dad being the last one which she devoriced when I was 1 never hooked up again... 25 years later she started getting them, and the doc said they could lay dormate for years without showing up (which they did) which was a totaly shocker and heartbreaker for my mom.. Know it just scares me.. I know I am being parinoid (sp?) but I know what she is going through and I don't ever want to go through that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on May. 24, 2010

• with only 2 ppl my whole life.. sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I was tested for HIV, HPV, chylmidia, and gonerrhea. I have herd that HIV and HPV can lay dormant for awhile and people who have them wont have any symptoms. Sometimes you can be tested for HIV and get a false negative but 6 months- a year (I think) and then be tested again and get a postive if you are infected.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on May. 24, 2010

• HPV is a family of viruses (about 200 types) that can cause warts and cervical cancer. Not every type is dangerous. Not every type is sexually transmitted. Most go away on their own. Up to 90% of the US population has had an HPV infection at some point.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:38 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I'm pretty sure they tested me for everything, including HIV.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:52 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I had HPV. when I was 18 and it was not from sex :( It was because I shared cloths with my best friend and I HATED underwear and so did she.Since we lived together we shared cloths.yeah gross I know..dumb and young...anyways SHE had it and she was sleeping with like 5 men at the time.So I ended up having it also.BUT I dont anymore.I have been checked for it 1 time a year lol since my teen years.So depending on the type..it goes away.My Dr told me that many girls he has seen with HPV no longer have it..THANK GOODNESS..Life lesson..wear undies! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I believe they test you for everything.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 11:14 AM on May. 24, 2010