does spelling really matter?

My husband and I are expecting our second child and it's a boy this time. We have decided to go with Milo Andrew but hubby think's it should be spelled Mylo. We have been arguing for a while about this. I got to spell my daughter's name Marleigh instead of Marley and he didn't mind. Maybe since it's his first boy he wants to be picky LOL?
So.... Milo or Mylo?

LoveKillsSlowly

Asked by LoveKillsSlowly at 10:03 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mylo it's different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on May. 24, 2010

• MILO Are you pronouncing it MEE-LOW or MY-LOW ?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:05 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I don't think it matters at all
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:06 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I personally prefer Milo, it looks funny with a "y". Not crazy about the name for a lil boy at all though, especially since it's my BIL's dog's name :S
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on May. 24, 2010

• it's pronounced MY-LOW but it just look's funny with a "Y" to me. & yes everyone say's it reminds them of an animal because of the movie Milo & Otis. But it's orginal and no one I know has or is naming there child Milo. But I myself adore the name.
    LoveKillsSlowly

Answer by LoveKillsSlowly at 10:15 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I love it!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:27 AM on May. 24, 2010

• The Y makes it feminine. It definitely matters how its spelled. As long as its the name he wants what difference does spelling really make.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:30 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Sorry but Mylo or Milo sounds like a dog name to me.
    Anonymous

• sorry but i didn't ask " all anons come tell me what you think of the name" (: in my family spelling of names is a BIG deal my little brothers name is Sevenn & it's said just like the number just an extra N ha. My sister's name is spelled unique and her daughter is named LeLyLe all capital L's (LEE-LYLE). My husband's family all have biblical names and i don't want to go that route. but i agree about the femine Y so thank's y'all (: Milo it is!!!!!!
    LoveKillsSlowly

Answer by LoveKillsSlowly at 1:32 PM on May. 24, 2010