So the Dr. that first link Autism to Vaccines is banned from Britain....

I am reading that his research is not valid. Makes you wonder doesn't it. Millions of parents have forgone vaccines for their children due to some research some as this. Now what? Measles, Mumps and Rubella will be coming back to all those not vaccinated. YIKES!!!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100524/ap_on_sc/eu_britain_autism_doctor

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I just hope that parents will go back to having their children immunized against those diseases. Mine all were and my grandchildren,too,so they are protected. But I feel sorry for the kids now whose parents believed that charlatan and Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey. What a disaster. Too many gullible people out ther.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:48 AM on May. 24, 2010

• They still believe it. You can cite all the major studies that prove his work wrong. You can point out how off his study was and they'll still say 'well it was the vaccines and that's that.' I know several mothers in real life that will accept no other cause except vaccines. It's really sad.

BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 11:05 AM on May. 24, 2010

• They still believe it! The studies and research have been disproven and they still believe! I'm SO glad we vaccinate our children to protect them. My son is up to date and is perfectly healthy!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:17 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I doubt people will change their minds. I only hope their children don't pay the price for not being vaccinated years down the road
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 12:04 PM on May. 24, 2010

• My DD is vaccinated and I intend to continue with it!!! I know someone who's child was never vaccinated and is autistic. What is the cause there?

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:45 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Both of my children have autism, and they are COMPLETELY vaccinated! And they will CONTINUE to receive vaccinations as needed. If vaccinations caused Autism (or were the catalyst) then why have my children made significant improvements since being diagnosed 6 and 3 years ago (respectively)?!

I have always maintained it is a genetic developmental issue, and somewhere along the gestational process a small part of their brains (in the speech center) did not develop 100%. I have been screaming about the audacity of Dr. Wakefield's "study" and Jenny McCarthy absolutely disgusts me (especially since she admitted her child NEVER had autism!!). But I am constantly ignored!

All I can do is take care of my little corner of the world. But it is very sad to see some friends dealing with autistic children going into foreclosure, divorcing over, and trying ANY form of quackery just to "fix" their child. :o(
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:36 PM on May. 24, 2010