Second time mommies:

When did you notice a decrease in fetal movement? I have noticed that my lil man isn't kicking as much these days. Should I be worried? I never made it to almost 32 weeks with my 1st son so I never experienced this far in a pregnancy. Yesterday I may have felt him 5 times all day but I am wondering if it isn't just because there is getting less and less room in there but I don't know if its too soon for there to be a decrease yet or not. Thanks!

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 10:47 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• He may just be running out of room. I would still mention it to your OB at your next visit.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 10:55 AM on May. 24, 2010

• It seems normal to me but I would check with your Dr. I would drink juice or have ice cream to stimulate movement.

http://www.babypartner.com/guides/prenatal-care/prenatal-testing/fetal-movement-test.php

happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 11:34 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I too would ask your doc. The kicks and punches start to feel different, but I certainly still felt them just as much up until the end, I think. I'm not saying there's anything wrong, but I would report any changes to your doc since it's one of the things they ask about. It could be that your baby has changed position so you don't feel as much because of that...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:25 PM on May. 24, 2010

• my doctor said even if they run out of room u should still be getting 10 movements in a two hour time span at least once a day
    lovemynutterbut

Answer by lovemynutterbut at 2:40 PM on May. 24, 2010

• It's normal for them to move less the further along in the pregnancy you are, especially in the end because there is less room for them to move. But like some of the others have said, just mention it to your OB at your next appointment. Just be sure you're feeling him move at least a little every day.
    Anonymous