loseing patience!

i am trying to potty train my dd..and i have lost all my patience with it. she tells me after she has done her pee in her panties...today she just stood up on the couch and peed and looked at me like it was no big deal...i was curious if i put her back on pampers till i get my patience back will that set her potty training back as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would put her back in pull ups. The ones that lose or change (can't remember) color when they start to go. Maybe try to make a game out of it.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 10:53 AM on May. 24, 2010

• sometimes they just aren't ready yet. you can put her back in pull ups and keep trying at times like when she first wakes up in the morning, after meals, and before bed. once she starts going on the regular than i'd take the pull ups off and eventually she'll feel uncomfortable wetting herself. my son was the same way, always peeing on himself and didn't care but once he was ready he HATED being wet and sitting in his own poop lol
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 10:59 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I would go back to pull ups too. How bout a reward system! Wrap little presents up and put them in a basket. Tell dd when she goes potty in the big girl potty she will get to choose a present from the basket. Keep it high out of reach and only for potty rewards. My dad did that with me and it worked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Try pottying her every 20 minutes for a couple days then go longer inbetween. I don't feel once you start you should stop... JMO' She will get the hang of it/it just takes time...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on May. 24, 2010

• if she doesnt even notice she went, for the majority of the day, she might not be ready to potty train. timing is different for everyone, but after she has a drink or has a meal, see if there is a pattern for when she goes (10 minutes later, 20 minutes later...etc) . Then next time take her to the potty around that time. look for any cues she is about to go. do you label what she does? if she goes pee in her undies do you tell her she went pee pee? you'll start feeling like a broken record "pee pee goes in the potty", "let's go to the potty" lol but it'll pay off. my son finally started putting 2 and 2 together on day 7 of potty training. he refuses to poop in it though, and he wont use the public restroom. *sigh*
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:23 PM on May. 24, 2010

• OP here: thank you to all the moms with the great advise :D i really appreciate it. it has helped me out alot...i have put her back in pull-ups for a hr and she did not like that now i take her to the potty every 20 mins and sometimes she tells me before the 20 mins are up that she has to go potty. :D she had 3 accidents today, 2 on the couch and 1 in the pull up (poopie in pull-up) and she used the potty 6 to 10 times today :D so i just hope and pray that she gets better and better from here one out! 

Again Thank you Mommies :Dhappy

Anonymous