4 months pregnant, should I go back to work?

I'm 4 months pregnant and we could really use the extra income for the new arrival and to get out of some debts before the baby comes. I'd only be working the weekends. My concern is my previous pregnancy I had preclampsia. I'm a hairdresser and I'm required to stand up almost all day at work. My family is concerned about being on my feet all day but this can really help us finacially. What do you think I should do, what would you do?

Ilovemychi

Asked by Ilovemychi at 11:00 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• the little bit of exercise you get from styling could help you stay healthier in this pregnancy. only do it by appt and then you know exactly how much you have to work and can control how much you want to.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:02 AM on May. 24, 2010

• thats just it, we don't do appts. where I work and I use to do about 20-25 cuts a day.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 11:08 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I would talk to your boss about this and see if they are comfortable with you being able to have more breaks than the other employees. I worked about an arts and crafts store and had to be on my feet all the way until about a week before my son was born (he was also 2 weeks early) but I didn't have any complications and it was my first pregnancy. My boss was very understanding and always let me take a break when I felt compelled. Sometimes he even asked me to take a break when I didn't need one!! I think if you can get something like that, then working would be a great idea and kudos for wanting to take care of financial responsibilities ...even if it means working while pregnant!!!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 11:15 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Congratulations on your pregnancy! First of all your health is most important. Perhaps you can try it for a bit, and see how your body handles it. Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from home and I LOVE it!! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 2 ½ year old son and 1 year old daughter. I work with an awesome group of Moms; we are very committed to helping other Moms work from home. We have free training, and unlimited support. NO Selling, Parties, or Inventory!! It’s an enjoyable and flexible home business. I LOVE the fact that I can work around my family’s schedule, and most importantly not miss any special moments!!

Visit my website: www.OurCEOMom.com

I’d be happy to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika- Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms, Helping Moms Work from Home since 1999!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:59 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Both sites are free to join go to my website to check them out www.letsworkathome.zoomshare.com like i said i have proof of pay check it out get paid and then decide if you like it! cause a little can make alot like for instance the change in your couch can make 10.00 same here! you can message me famedcheeze@yahoo.com or on here and i will reply ASAP so please if you wanna make a little extra money try this out!
    famedcheeze

Answer by famedcheeze at 10:28 AM on May. 25, 2010