do you feel people are generally good or generally bad?

are you conservative or liberal?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:07 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm wondering why Liberals seem to think we need so many laws. If people are innately good, why do we need to govern their every move? lovinangels

I MAY have the answer for you, lovin. A conversation with a Liberal elicited the following: "The individual is subordinate to the Society." Sooo, following THAT train of thought (as ridiculous as it is) Society must make all sorts of laws regulating behavior so that an individual doesn't go around doing something "different" that might not be in compliance with what "Society" has determined to be the correct behavior. Just think, if everyone started making their own decisions! The CHAOS that would surely follow such folly!!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:55 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I consider myself a liberal and I know there is good in even the worse of us we just have to look close enough to find it, I always do.

Answer by older at 11:09 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I believe everyone has goodness in them. For some it tends to be easier to be negative. I love doing good things and I see a lot of goodness in people.

I am liberal.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 11:10 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I feel people are generally good and I am conservative.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:22 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Perception is everything.
    If one decides for themself that people are generally bad, they will be.
    If one decides for themself that people are generally good, they will be.
    I am conservative, I choose to attack life with a good attitude, and the preconceived notion that my next encounter will be with a good person. The majority of people in my life are good.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:23 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I am middle of the road. Some issues I am conservative and some I am very liberal. I think each person is good or bad. People as a whole cannot be either way collectively.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:27 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Generally good, and I am a moderate.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:37 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Good. I am a flaming liberal!! What do you think political ideology has to do with it? I don't think people who are conservative are bad people.
    AutumnLybbie

Answer by AutumnLybbie at 11:47 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Generally good and i am a  liberal egalitarian.

mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:47 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I'm wondering why Liberals seem to think we need so many laws. If people are innately good, why do we need to govern their every move?

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:48 AM on May. 24, 2010