I'm going to hurt this man lol

My SO keeps picking up my son in the middle of the night because he "wakes up and is crying" He then brings him to our bed. Now my DS doesn't want to sleep in his crib because he knows Daddy will come to his rescue (my son will be 1 yr in a week btw) I keep telling my SO to stop etc.... What can I do to get my point across becasue I'm getting really pissed

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 11:27 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do something that will catch his attention and let him really know that you are mad... such as maybe taking your son and putting him back in the crib and let you so know that if he gets him back out your going to do... (and then tell him wat your going to do) OR tell him that is fine if he wants to put him in the bed but HE will be the one getting up with him and taking care of him ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on May. 24, 2010

• He is enjoying him as a baby and although it is creating a bad habit, it won't last long, they are babies for such a short time, maybe you should embrace it instead of getting mad.

Answer by older at 11:32 AM on May. 24, 2010

• this is tough...ok do you have a spare bedroom or another place you can sleep? my thought is if you have sat SO down and told him your reasons and why he shouldnt do it, then the next time go to the other bed. Get up, and say good night and go to the other bed so you can sleep peacefully. when he says where are you going, explain that 1. you have told him why its not ok with you to have baby in bed. and 2. that you need sleep, say your reasons, again each night and hopefully he will stop because this is a habit the baby will expect and the baby is the one who suffers. maybe tell so that point, he is hurting the baby by making it harder for him t o sleep alone and self comfort-a very important skill! good luck and dont kill him lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:32 AM on May. 24, 2010

• i agree with OLDER. you need to relax and enjoy your baby right now. they change so fast.. if my SO told me to take my baby to another bed i would send my SO to another bed! my baby sleeps with us every night and i would not have it any other way.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 11:54 AM on May. 24, 2010

• the only reason i'm irritated is because I never get sleep.... I go off 2 to 3 hrs every night.... and he never wants to wake up with my son in the morning
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:32 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Sleep in a different bed. That will get the point across.
    Shlamoof

Answer by Shlamoof at 1:34 PM on May. 24, 2010