Is it any good still?

I put a pork loin in the fridge Thursday afternoon and I forgot all about it. If i cook it tonight will it still be any good? How can I tell if it has gone bad?

mrsbean08

Asked by mrsbean08 at 11:50 AM on May. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• should be ok. well done pork is old! There is no more trichinosis and you can cook it to 160 degrees is best if it is a loin. You don't want to dry it out.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:03 PM on May. 24, 2010

• It'll stink and be slimy if it's bad. It's only been 4 days. Most raw meat is good longer than that as long as it's stored properly. I say go ahead and cook it, but cook it well-done (pork is supposed to be well-done anyway).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on May. 24, 2010

• Actually, my nutritionist told me that you can't tell by the look and smell if meat is good. When it first starts to go bad it doesn't look or smell bad. Raw meat should generally be cooked within 2-3 days (depending on how fresh it was when first frozen). Cooked meat 4-5 days.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:12 PM on May. 24, 2010