Pregnant, but test is negative?

When I was pregnant with my son 4 years ago, I didn't get a positive pregnancy test until a little after 10 weeks. I could just *feel* that I was pregnant, but I didn't get a positive pregnancy test. I have that feeling again now (and a whole lot of symptoms) and, once again, the tests are negative. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone before. Thanks, everyone =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'd see your OB and get a blood test. Those are usually more accurate.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:31 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Nope, never happened. My pee sticks were vividly positive before I missed a period - so when I was barely 2 weeks pregnant.
    Anonymous

• It depends on how your body produces the HCG. That is what gives you the positive on the HPT. Blood tests are more accurate and if you suspect you are then you can call your OB and request a blood test be done. Good luck.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 1:03 PM on May. 24, 2010

• This happened to me. I was 3 almost 4 months prego and still got a negative so I went to planned parenthood and that was negative. They said to come back in 2 weeks if I still didn't have my period well I miscarried the next day.
    shadowsgrl09

Answer by shadowsgrl09 at 1:52 PM on May. 24, 2010

• with my first they took blood twice and urine tests they all came up negative I actually had to get an ultra sound to know
    lovemynutterbut

Answer by lovemynutterbut at 2:38 PM on May. 24, 2010