A good 'ole what would you do scenario

Had a fight w/ DH last night about him being lazy
To prove me wrong & to apologize, he offered to wake up w/ son and let me sleep in. Of course he was lazy, again, (not to mention selfish-lying-stupid) did not get up w/ son to feed him breakfast. I woke up to find my starving son gnawing a stick of butter left on counter to soften. I am so angry I could leave... but leaving over butter seems bizarre. Advise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• It's not butter. It's called The Straw that Broke the Camel's Back. Mine was he didn't take out garbage (only thing I asked him to do around the house and we had 3 kids so he had it good)

Answer by admckenzie at 1:27 PM on May. 24, 2010

• you're not leaving over butter. Look at the big picture here.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:58 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Yeah, it's not about the butter. It's about the promises that were broken AGAIN and basically already being a single parent.
    I know this situation all too well.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:03 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Agreed...you're not focusing on the issue at hand. The butter has nothing to do with this issue. You'd be leaving because your husband is selfish, lazy and a liar. If these are things you think can change with some counseling or working hard on it, see if he'll work on it. If not, you don't need an extra kid to take care of.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 7:52 PM on May. 24, 2010