do you think I can get betterand go back to being the loving wife I used to be

I hit my husband for the third time today. I don't know what is wrong with me. The sad thing is he makes excuses for me. I wish he would tell me how wrong I am how fucked up is that? I think I should just do him a favor and divoirce him. I know he will never leave me even though he is hurt and afraid. The thing is I am actually sorry and I know I am wrong. I don't know what is wrong with me. I didn't used to be like this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• There's always a potential to get better. That's really up to you.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:05 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Anger management really helps. If you cannot control yourself, & hit him when upset, i think anger management is what you need.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:11 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Just like men hit and it is wrong, this is just as wrong and you know it. Good that your owning up to it and want to change it. Let me warn you though now, if you leave marks on him, if a neighbor see's or hears it and they call 911 you will be arrested for dv against your partner. Doesnt matter if he wants to press charges or not. You are dealing with fire here. Get the help you need asap. Get into anger mangement support, get the help you need before its too late.
    Anonymous

• Have you been tested for a disorder? Sometimes they cause us to act in ways we normally wouldn't and we feel awful afterwards. Mine is hurtful words said, not hitting but still, I do harm I don't really mean to do.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:26 PM on May. 24, 2010