Would you go?

My sister and I have had our dissagreements before in the past, but I think this time, we've crossed over the line of no return. So question is she's about to have her third baby in July, and I am debating whether or not to go visit at the hosital. Should I go? I don't really want to see her, but is this something I am supposed to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• You would be going to see the baby not your sister. You would also be showing your sister that she can't get you down.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:59 PM on May. 24, 2010

• She's your sister no matter what. Don't let things stand in your way.. Stay in touch. Go to the hospital. Just show her that you're not going away. What about her kids? They'll loose an aunt.. I couldn't imagine not speaking to my sister ever again and we fight all the time but she is my sister.. When our parents are gone who is left?? My sister.. The only family I have besides my own that I've started.. Why do that to you and to them?? Go.. I say go.. I was crushed that my sister couldn't make it to the hosptital for my second but she was away on a trip. Remember the good times with her and try to get something of that back. We've grown apart too.. We don't always get tosee each other even though we're only a couple towns away but we try to talk at least once a week.. I may be off base. I don't know what you've fought about so that doesn't help in my answering you but it can't be all bad.. Good luck...
    Anonymous

• i cant imagine not going to see my sister and her baby in the hospital. and we've had our fair share of fights.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:04 PM on May. 24, 2010

• If you go, you may cringe & not want to see her. Heck, she may not want to see yo ueither. BUT...if you don't go...this could further the grudge between you two. I think her resentment towards you will grow tenfold if you don't go. She is bringing an innopcent life into the world. When you go, have your new neice/nephew in mind, not your sister. Go for the baby.

YES, you should go.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:09 PM on May. 24, 2010

• She is your sister her child that is on the way has nothing to do with what happened between you two. My sister and I didn't speak for almost 6 years and the day after chistmas we have put everything behind us. Let whatever happened between you two go and she should do the same. She is your sister for the rest of your lives. Matter you like it or not. You can pick your friends but you can't pick your family love the ones that love you family always love you no matter you like it not.
    Anonymous

• I'm not a religious fanatic but a scripture just came to mind. "A little child shall lead them". Perhaps this child can help mend fences that otherwise could never be mended. I'd go. My dd didn't speak to me for a while and I went on with my life. I planned a trip that was important to me. Her son was born while I was headed to the airport. I turned around and went to see the child and didn't go on my trip. It was worth canceling the trip. He brought us back together. Just let life happen. Do what you feel is right.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:21 PM on May. 24, 2010

• dont let your dissagreements stand between your neices and nephews relationship with you or your children... we all have disagreements... i would go or you may regret it for the rest of your life
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 1:34 PM on May. 24, 2010