question about ovluating..

hi ladies..havent had a period in 6 months..but ive also lost 30 pounds in that time so my ob/gyn thought it was normal for the first few months..now he put me on a Provera for 7 days to jumpstart my period. does this mean that my body hasnt been ovulating..and will i have to be on provera every month or will it regulate by itself. im not on birth control..i know ive heard alot of talk about Clomd but idk if my body is ovulating or not...

ebrittian22

Asked by ebrittian22 at 1:24 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I would recommend charting your temp, cervical mucous and position. The temp and position will tell you if you are indeed ovulating or not. The rest will tell you if you are fertile. This is a start for your doc to know what steps to take instead of shooting in the dark. A good book to help is "Taking Charge of your Fertility" by Toni Weschler.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:27 PM on May. 24, 2010

• If you haven't had a period, you haven't been ovulating. It's possible to have a period without ovulating, but not the other way around.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:35 PM on May. 24, 2010