Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

you have 2 wonderful kids with an ex, who has a wonder witch of girlfriend that is 19 with 2 kids.
Incident: you pick up your kids from there fathers and when your driving off you notice that one is all shook up and balling and tells you she watched her dad get beat up by screaming crazy gf. so being a parent u wipe car around (lets add your 7 mths preg) you get out calmly to ask why she's crying and the crazy bitch comes at you saying she can't wait till u have the baby and just running her mouth.

there's also a parenting time made by you and court so you have to follow.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on May. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (9)
  • What you do is talk to the ex and tell him that your daughter saw him being abused and that you cannot allow your child to witness that. You tell him that you will get a court order saying that your children are not to be within a certain distance of that woman because you are in fear of their safety. And then you do that.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on May. 24, 2010

  • I would call the cops, have her arrested for domestic violence, and then get a restraining order on her for criminal threats and then I would also go back to court and let them know you want the visits supervised and she is not to be there !!!

    Answer by mommymandaleigh at 1:37 PM on May. 24, 2010

  • wtf? if there is abuse in that home NEVER take them over there again! who cares about court it's your child's safety if she want's to abuse a man she will probly hit your kid's! you need to go and tell them you don't want your kid's over there around abuse & i bet you get your way! and tell them she is threatening you! keep those kids away until it's over. your children should never have to go through any of that & don't let em!

    Answer by LoveKillsSlowly at 1:41 PM on May. 24, 2010

  • Go back to court and ask judge for a modification on exsisting visitation schedule. Hell, ask judge if you can see the mediator. If you go into see mediator, go seperate from ex. Have dates and times listed of actual events that have happened. Mediator might want to meet with kids seperatly, depending on their age. Been there and done that. If you can get monitored visitation set up with ex, that would be the best thing sounds like. If you get no where with judge, then get the kids into counseling and have counselor write a letter to the judge. Good luck

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on May. 24, 2010

  • lovekills, if she doesnt follow the visitation schedule she could be held in contempt. So then she will end up in court anyway, as the perpatrator. She needs the protection of a court order right now.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on May. 24, 2010

  • Ok, so the crazy g/f beat on the dad and the child witnessed it and then got mouthy when you went back to question her? Did I understand that right??

    If so, I would have taken my kids home and NOT turned the car around. I would have then comforted my child and discussed the situation, over the phone, with my ex. If this seemed to be a pattern then Id talk to a judge/lawyer whatever to rearrange meetings cuz my kids wont be party to witnessing abuse of any kind.

    Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:41 PM on May. 24, 2010

  • You tell your lawyer that your child witnessed abuse.

    Answer by rkoloms at 3:29 PM on May. 24, 2010

  • thanks all, I have been to court 2 times with him for changing parent timing which is sad. well I have till the 24th to write up another order for a judge. Its tiring and I'm not afraid of the bitch she's blowing up my phone spying on my facebook, but no there's nothing I can do bc there is already a parenting order. I don't want to loose it and end up I'M hurting my kids bc she runs her mouth. but thanks all~ I will do my best to get my kids out of that situation!

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on May. 24, 2010

  • stay as far from the trailer park as possible.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on May. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.