Why do a majority of moms who spank have a difficult time understanding that children CAN be disciplined without spanking?

My daughter is well under control, and guess what? I've never laid a hand on her. I know how to discipline without spanking. What about you? What does it say about you as a mom that you can't control YOUR kids without spanking them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on May. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• There are still lots of people who believe that violence solves problems.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:30 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I agree with you! never spanked any of my children and they turned out to be exemplary citizens!

Answer by older at 1:38 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Wow, someone's feeling judgemental today. All kids are different. Some kids respond to spanking and some don't. You don't know the family dynamic or what each individual child responds to. Congrats you havea child that easily controlled. Not all of us have that. Yes, I spank my two sons. Why? because time out groundings, etc. aren't always effective with them and spanking is. Plain and simple.
    Anonymous

• Because different things work for different families. Not all children are the same.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:41 PM on May. 24, 2010

• why do mom's who don't spank mind their own business? i would never tell you to spank if you don't believe in it, don't try to tell me how to raise my child. you don't have to feel sorry for a child that is learning the way i choose to teach them.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:41 PM on May. 24, 2010

• when your kid ends up getting into trouble at school don't blame the teacher's for "not controlling" them bc you never taught them right from wrong. and i won't hit the anon button bc i will stand up and believe in what i feel is right...blah...people.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:43 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Did you use the pacifier? What does that say about you?

To me it means that you were incapable as a mother to sooth your child and you wanted a quick way to shut your child up.
    Anonymous

• Hmmmmm I spank and I use OTHER forms as well. I don't think that you cannot control your child if you don't spank them but I do think that you are pretty judge mental aren't you ?????
    Anonymous

• Why DONT you mind your own business!
    Anonymous

• Answered at 1:45 PM on May. 24, 2010 by: Anonymous
    Did you use the pacifier? What does that say about you?

To me it means that you were incapable as a mother to sooth your child and you wanted a quick way to shut your child up

And this has WHAT to do with the OP's question?
    Anonymous