Am I the only one that wears their baby?

I wear my 7 month old around the house my mom thinks its just weird and SOs mom just thnks it isnt something that should be done. Am I alone at this?

BobbieJean03

Asked by BobbieJean03 at 1:39 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never wore my baby and don't plan to with this one either but that's mostly because I am so clumsy that I'm afraid I will hurt the baby instead of just hurting myself.
    Anonymous

• i never did. whatever floats you boat i guess. I do think that babies need tummy time and to spend time figuring things out for themselves, cant exactly so that then your wearing them. But like I said whatever floats your boat.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:49 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I will do it with any future kids. I think it is awesome. I will do it as long per day as possible. I have seen the research on it and believe it to be a good thing for them. Good Job Mommy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:52 PM on May. 24, 2010

• How do babies learn to crawl and walk if you never put them down?
    Anonymous

• I DO!!!!!!!!! I wear my baby most the time. cleaning the house and out in town. my family and my dh's family are not to happy with it. but it's my kids and i want to. and i love being close to them.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 2:22 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Let me clarify, she spends tons of time on her tummy. She can crawl and pull up to furniture but sometimes when shes tired she doesnt want to sit and play if i need to get something else done. Right now shes on my back in her backpack just talking away to me while i clean up from lunch. Its close to nap time so she doesnt want to sit
    BobbieJean03

Answer by BobbieJean03 at 2:24 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I'm currently wearing my 11 mo old in a sling! I have found it very helpful to "wear" my babies and research suggests it benefits the baby as well.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:26 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Share this with those Grandmas: THE BENEFITS OF BABYWEARING

" How do babies learn to crawl and walk if you never put them down?" Baby wearing soes not mean you never put them down.  I wear my baby a lot, but she also plays on the floor a lot.  In some cultures they actually do not EVER put baby down until baby is one year old.  Then they have a celebration and put baby down for the first time.  Those babies very quiclkly learn to crawl and walk with no problem.

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:32 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I still wear mt daughter at 19 months. Some days it's the only way I get anything done. I wear her when we go out a lot too.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:34 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I wore my DD until she got too heavy for me (I have back problems....moby didn't support her chunky butt enough), and I plan to wear this baby too.

We couldn't possibly wear our babies 24/7 like they do in some cultures, so obviously they get floor time to learn and explore. And even so, look at the babies in those cultures that do! Like the PP mentioned, they learn to crawl and walk just fine. NOT wearing your baby doesn't mean they're going to be trotting along at 9 months old. I wore my DD, and she was walking before a year old. A friends son, who's 12 days older was never worn and he was almost 15 months before he started walking!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:36 PM on May. 24, 2010