How do you thank a day care provider?

We're almost done with our full time day care provider, after 4 years. My son is going to preschool in the fall and we have a teenager babysitting for them this summer. What is a nice gesture for the day care provider and assistant? TIA!

mrsderekjeter

Asked by mrsderekjeter at 1:53 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• well, definetly something made my your DS (even a card) and maybe a gift card to a nice place to eat in the area
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:55 PM on May. 24, 2010

• You pay them a hourly wage, right? That is good enough to me.

Answer by louise2 at 1:58 PM on May. 24, 2010

• You have already paid them to raise your child, that should be enough.
    Anonymous

• We've always done a GC for a spa treatment for Christmas. I was thinking since we won't "do" Christmas this year, I'll do that.
    And a nice card.

mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 2:05 PM on May. 24, 2010

• ive always given gifts.. like candles or gift cards or something like that.... but ya for some of the stuff they have to deal with that pay isnt enough that they get..we dont get them enough props..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 2:27 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Something that can be used at the facility. :-) A gift card to an educational store- or a place such as Oriental Trading. Or, something that they need... it is a great way to say thank you and help out the facility that your child attended.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 6:17 PM on May. 24, 2010

• You've been paying her, she didn't do this out of the goodness of her heart... There is no need to do anything additional.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:00 PM on May. 24, 2010

• i used to do daycare in my home, it was my job , but i loved the kids i had, i treated them as i would my own... since your kid wont be there anymore, how about a pic of your son in a frame , he made, along with a thank you card.. it will be treasured.. i started my daycare back in 2000.. stopped doing it in 2007, and just the other day i got a card from one of my kids i had inviting me to a graduation party...
    i still have pics of some of my kids..
    missmona29

Answer by missmona29 at 11:43 PM on May. 24, 2010