My husband su*ks!

It seems as if he is only happy if I am down. The minute he sees me happy it seems as if he gets angry. Why I wonder? I have tried everything from being extra nice, to finally just getting irritated (and depressed-- which finally makes him happy), to eventually just avoiding him. It is really driving a wedge between us and making me feel like dying.
He knows how I feel, I have told him a million times. My kids are already starting to notice, and they are getting really upset with him. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Aman is not worth dieing for. Tell him your are going to be happy with or without him.

Answer by louise2 at 2:07 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Sounds like hubby is in a fowl mood. Is something bothering him at work? Bills piled up? He might have a lot on his mind that he isnt sharing with you. I went through this with my ex. He had a lot of pressure at work and took it out on the family. Hated living in that kind of situation, its like walking on egg shells all the time. Sit down with him and ask whats going on. If he hasnt always been this way, then maybe he just needs to vent a little. Hope this helps
    Anonymous

• Thanks, maybe that's what it is. You are right this all started when he became a supervisor.
    Anonymous

• My husband had this problem when he was depressed. He'd been injured pretty badly (physically) and he felt some resentment towards me because I was still whole. It was really just depression getting him down. Since being treated (through therapy and antidepressant drugs) he's changed. He's done a 180 and WANTS me to be happy. Your husband may need some mental therapy and/or antidepressants.
    Anonymous

• He's probably just insecure..My hubby was kind of like that; when I was depressed he would tell me cheer up, exercise etc.. Then I would finally start to feel better, be happy, lose weight and gain confidence then he would start saying what are you looking for someone better now and your going to cheat or leave. and blah blah.. Vicious cycle!

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 2:17 PM on May. 24, 2010