Your Views on Vow Renewal

Me and My hubby will be married 5 years this october, Our wedding was plannned in a week and was planned by his grandmaw, everything was rushed....Weve been thinking or renewing our vows on our anniversary, not have a second wedding though just friends and family lighting a unity family candle with our kids and then having a anniversary party....What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Louise, it doesn't have to be at any certain time! If people want to renew their vows every year, then I think thats great! OP, I believe that if you want to do this then do it. If ppl don't want to come or whatever, then they don't have to. My wedding anniversary is in October as well but this year we will have been married four years so next year, we are debating on renewing our vows or just taking a huge trip. My wedding wasn't rushed, but it turned out awful. His son wouldn't smile in any of the pictures, we didn't have a pro photographer so most of the pictures are blurry adn disgusting.. and nothing matched. It was just awful.. So we're talking about it! I say.. if you want to, then you should!!
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 2:21 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I married him/DH once. I will not do it again. He knows I love him. We have been married 21 years and do not plan to remarrying any time soon. If people renew their wedding vows. It should be on their 20th anniversary.

Answer by louise2 at 2:18 PM on May. 24, 2010

• We are planning something similar but not until our 20th, but we had the big wedding with a full year of planning. I like the idea of it, we decided on our 20th it would be a big party with a small ceremony just speaking from the heart nothing scripted, not over the top formal but relaxed and semi dressy. the ultimate would be out on a beach no shoes in a summer dress :) We have thought about just doing a second honeymoon and renewing our vows privately also. I have 9 years to figure it out lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:19 PM on May. 24, 2010

• My mom says:" I birthed your kids, raised your kids, did your laundry...If you dont know i love you by now then we've go problems" lol

I think some people need it as a reminder or to refresh the relationship but I dont think it will change or help anything. Do it if it means alot to you but to me it isnt necessary.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:21 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I think its sweet and romantic, can I come too?
    Anonymous

• PeytonsMom21109. I never said she should not do it. I was giving my oppinion about it. I thing if you can get to 20 years of marriage without seperating or divorcing. Then you should do a renewal of vows, JMO.......

Answer by louise2 at 2:44 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I think it's a great idea--people have parties for way less important reasons than reaffirming their love for the person they've chosen to spend the rest of their life with! Have fun!
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 2:47 PM on May. 24, 2010

• my dh had always talked about doing that on our 10th anniversary.. But when the 10th came I was in the hospital recovering from the birth of our 8th child..lol.. we celebrated our 11th anniversary this year.. my dh said we should elope. I said we're already married, he said I know but we should run off together..LOL still no actual plans for a second ceremony.. maybe on our 25th. Our wedding was beautiful and wonderful..Our love is deeper now and more intimate than it was 11 years ago so I don't really see the need we are in this thing for life and we both know that, plus the planning of our first weeding was stressful as most weddings are, don't think i want to repeat that..but a 2nd honeymoon sounds great!

Anonymous

• my husband and I didn't have a real wedding, we got married at the justice of the peace with 10 other couples and none of our family members as witnesses to our wedding, we always talked about renewing our vows and having a real wedding so I can kinda relate-I think it's a great idea-I would do it if I had the opportunity. Hubby and I missed our 5th wedding anniversary we will probably do something for our 10th.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:55 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I personally think it's kind of silly and pointless. I am not a fan of weddings in the first place, and this one stuck right the first time. I see no need to do it again. Some people think it's romantic though, it's just not my thing.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:15 PM on May. 24, 2010