How long has you're LO been wearing 2T??

I started getting 2T stuff for dd at 18 mos... it fit her perfect then! Now she's 2.5 (31 mos) and 2T is too big!! I mean it falls off and around her butt, but the length is too short! She's 36 inches tall, but 27 lbs! They look like highwaters (good thing it's summer!) 3T is perfect in the length but her waist seems to be 18 mos and I have no idea what to do as far as clothes! It's like her waist is shrinking and yet she's getting taller!!! lol

What size does you're toddler wear, how old are they and how much dow they weigh/how tall are they?

07lilmama1108

Asked by 07lilmama1108 at 2:20 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Neither of mine wore 2T long. My DD wore 18 months forever. At 2.5 she finally started wearing 2T and then just a few months later she was in a 3T. My DS wore a 2T at 15 months and was already in a 3T before his 2nd birthday. For both kids though I always had to buy the adjustable waists because their waists are tiny.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:24 PM on May. 24, 2010

• My 3 yearold is really SKINNY and can fit 2t and 24 months cloths still..BUT pants flood since she is tall :/ 3t falls off her butt.So I buy all her pants at target with the adjustable waits lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:25 PM on May. 24, 2010

• waist*
    ryanlynn

• My son is like that. He was wearing some 2T clothes last summer, and they still fit now. He's 33 months old. I'm not sure of his height, but he weighs 27 pounds. He still has a few pair of 18 month size shorts that he wears, but when it was cold I had to buy 3T jeans with adjustable waists (those are too short for him now). He also had to have 3T tops for long sleeves, but most of his short sleeve summer shirts are 2T.
    Anonymous

• we tried the adjustable waist but ran out of the band to get them to stay up (3t)... 2t comes up an inch above her ankle!

Thank you for answering! I'm trying to figure this out.... lol
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:29 PM on May. 24, 2010

• If adjustable waist doesn't work you can take up some things, or you can tie the belt loops together in the back.

Luckily with summer clothes you can usually stick with the smaller size, and maybe she'll fill out a little before the fall.
    Anonymous

• Look for adjustable wastes. If you have a K-mart close to you, one of the brands they carry have adjustable wastes. That's great!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 2:39 PM on May. 24, 2010

• My son wore 2T last summer, and I thought sure it would be too small this year - nope, he's potty trained now, and has gotten taller thus thinner, so it still fits well. My girls were the same way - once they got out of the baby stages, and started getting taller and thinner, summmer stuff fit longer - my 6yo could still fit in some 3T shorts/skirts if I needed her to. My oldest wore 24month shorts til she was 5.
    Anonymous

• I'm starting to get into the same problem you have. My son moved into 2T around 18 months. It fit in the waist, but the length was a bit long, so I just cuffed the pants. Now they are getting too short because he's grown a couple of inches, but the waist hasn't changed. I'm not sure how to handle it, either. Like you said, at least it's going into summer so there will be less pant-wear.

By the way, he's 2 1/2 years old.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 2:44 PM on May. 24, 2010

• my boy is 22 months, 27 pounds and 35ish inches. we started getting him 2T at about 18 months. now 2T pants are the perfect length, we buy adjustable waist pants so they fit right. he has broad shoulder so the 3T shirts are a great fit for him.

my 5 year old is 39 pounds and about 43 inches tall. she needs 5T pants for the length, but we have to take the waist in a lot. her 4T shirts still fit comfortably.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 9:16 PM on May. 24, 2010