4 year old says her pee-pee burns.....

My DD has told me twice now that her pee pee burns and both times was after she has used the potty. She just got back from the beach with my parents so maybe a wet bathing suit or something done it. I also noticed an odor with it. I have a Dr's appt. tomorrow morning. Has anybody had this same problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on May. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• It may be a UTI. They will test her urine and give her an antibiotic if needed.
    Anonymous

• Probably UTI. For now give her cranberry juice.

Answer by louise2 at 2:47 PM on May. 24, 2010

• It could be a uti, or a std. Honestly, I had this problem around her age and it continued on and off until i was 7 the first time they kept saying it was a uti but then finally said it was an std and gave me meds for it and it went away. and we can never figure out how i got it. i was never molested (to anyones including my own knowledge)

I am not trying to scare you just letting you know from experience.
    Anonymous

• try cranberry juice, or even pom/cran juice. Sounds like she has a UTI. If she gets them often after this talk to the drs about her kidneys. Some kids have problems with their kidneys and it is over looked. My niece has them and she is 4 and they are just finding out. My son only has one and he has reflux so we have to be VERY careful.
    MomofTwins07

Answer by MomofTwins07 at 3:10 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Bubble baths can also cause a UTI, as can wiping back to front or not wiping well.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:31 PM on May. 25, 2010