Is less than 0.5 precent alcohol okay to drink while pregnant?

I'm pregnant with my 2nd baby in my 1st trimester, and a few days ago I drank some kombucha (for those who don't what that is , it's a fermented chinese tea) anyway halfway through drinking it I completely forgot it had less thatn 0.5 percent alcohol in it. My mom says that the baby will be fine. I haven't had any again since then... should I be worried at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you'll be fine

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:12 PM on May. 24, 2010

• No! If you wouldn't put it in a bottle for your baby to drink, you shouldn't drink it when you are pregnant.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't continue to drink it, but a lot of women have a couple of drinks before they realize they are pregnant and their babies turn out fine.

Answer by missanc at 3:14 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I wouldnt drink anymore but I'd say what you drank wont hurt the baby. No worries!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:17 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Your baby will be just fine. Alcohol has a cumulative effect on a pregnancy.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:23 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Don't worry about it. There is nothing you can do about it now! Just don't do it again.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:23 PM on May. 24, 2010

• You'll be fine, the baby will be fine. You stopped when you realized that you were imbibing in something with alcohol. And there are many women that drink way more than that before they realize they are even pregnant and their babies are fine too. The worry would be if you were an alcoholic that continued to drink through the entire pregnancy.

So relax and don't fret.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:30 PM on May. 24, 2010

• The baby will be fine. I just wouldnt keep doind it. :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:04 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I agree with the other women. I had a few drinks (not drunk or anything) before I realized I was pregnant. Like someone else said, it's mainly habitual use of alcohol while pregnant that causes issues. Having a glass of a very low-level alcohol content drink will likely have no effect on your baby.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 4:16 PM on May. 24, 2010

• The baby will be fine, don't worry!
    Some people even drink a glass or two of wine a week while pregnant and every thing is fine.
    With my first. I found out I was pregnant (totally unplanned pregnancy) when I was about 6 weeks...and I was so worried something would be wrong because I had went out like every other weekend before then to bars and drinking with my friends( what can I say, I was 22, lol).I didn't drink again after I found out of course, but my son was erfectly healthy.
    Congradulations on baby! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:29 PM on May. 24, 2010