I let my son pee outside. What's so bad about it? When you gotta go, you gotta go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My son is potty training, and we let him "pee on the tree". I don't see the big deal, so long as it's not in a public place.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 3:18 PM on May. 24, 2010

• LOL, I agree, when you gotta go, you gotta go, desperate times call for desperate measures!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:19 PM on May. 24, 2010

• HA! my son is pretty much potty trained and the other day he was holding himself, I asked if he had to pee while we were in our front yard, He said no, then pulled down his pants and went. It was hilarious. Plus, he has to pull down his pants all the way to be comfortable. So funny.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 3:20 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I agree when they gotta go they gotta g.....but you also have to teach them about privacy. Last year when my son was in Pre-K he and other kids would play on the playground after class and he would cme up to us parents and say "I have to pee" and start pulling his pants down right there in front of everyone. LOL, it was cute, but you just have to mke sure you aren't teaching them to pee whereever and whenever
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:22 PM on May. 24, 2010

• i agree w/ mom2jack04! if ya gotta go, ya gotta go, but it depends on where ya are lol. teach him the yard is fine, but the school play yard is not. hahaha
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:36 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I agree. We are from the country and all the guys pee outside. However, my husband is from the city and thinks it's wrong. He was home this weekend (works away) and took our son inside to pee after my 4 year old nephew peed on a tree at my parents. I tried to avoid a fight, since I am the one who takes care of the kids....he is overly anal.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:47 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Boys are no different than girls. Little girls would look ugly pulling their pants down to squat to pee outdoors, so why would you let boys pee outside, just because its easier for them to pull it out and pee.
    I can see doing that if you are hiking or camping outdoors, or out somewhere else where there is no bathroom around close by, but if you are in the yard, just take them indoors to the bathroom. Some little boys take it too far when they are permitted to pee outdoors, just anywhere and everywhere. My nephew pulled his out and peed right in front of a gift shop when we went to the beach. The only time i would let a little boy OR girl pee outdoors is if we are somewhere outdoors and there is no bathroom close by.
    Anonymous

• We have also let our son pee outside a few times, when necessary. We wouldn't let our dd do that because boys can do it much easier. Yes, it's a "double standard" maybe, but boys are designed for it and girls aren't. I'm not going to cry about it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:55 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Nothing wrong with it in my eyes...hell if I gotta pee and there's no one around, and there's no restroom for miles, I'm not gonna hold it and piss on myself.
    Anonymous