Can a 10 month old really eat eggs and yogurt?

Ive read in a paper from his doctor not to give eggs until he is 1 year old, and the same for milk, but on baby center it says he can be eating that. But doesnt yogurt have milk in it, or is there a special brand of yogurt for babies? Also, if they can eat eggs, is it only the yellow or white part, or the whole thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they cannot eat eggs until they are a year old. they cant have cows milk until they are a year old. there is gerber baby yogurt, its in the baby aisle.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:53 PM on May. 24, 2010

• my son was eating eggs early like at 5 months when he learned to pick up his food and eat it.... everyone is different.
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 3:54 PM on May. 24, 2010

• i gave my daughter yogurt at 6 or 7 months. you just have to make sure its the full fat stuff, i gave my daughter minigo and petite danon..she has had yogurt literally every day since i first started her back then..shes 6 years old now. although now i give her any type of yogurt..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:55 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I THINK that egg whites are ok. I'm not sure. My kids don't eat eggs but I vaguely remember one ped telling me the whites are OK when my oldest was under a yr. I has however been 6 yrs since then so the info might have changed.
    PandTsmomjuly

Answer by PandTsmomjuly at 3:56 PM on May. 24, 2010

• as for eggs, i also heard not until 1yr...im not sure when i first gave her eggs, because i dont really like eggs myself..lol..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:56 PM on May. 24, 2010

• All babies are different. My oldest couldn't eat eggs until after a year. At a year when he ate anything with eggs in it, where ever it touched his skin he broke out in a rash. He is 21 months now and is fine. We also fed him that YoBaby yogurt....he puked every time he had it. Withing a half hour of eating it, it came back up. But he has been eating regular yogurt for a while now. Something in the YoBaby yogurt didn't settle well. Now if you have any hereditary allergies to food I would just hold off on both until close to a year. Try a little at a time and watch for any reactions.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:57 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Yogurt IS made out of the milk, but it doesn't contain the amount of lactose (what a child could become allergic to or intolerant of) that regular milk does. Plus the active bacteria cultures in it help boost the digestive system. And it can be given at 9 months.

I don't remember about eggs. I thought it was fully cooked yolk at 9 months, and then whole eggs at 12.
    Anonymous

• i held off on eggs but she was weaned to whoiel milk at 10 months from being brestfed. They say giving them certain things too early can cause allergic reactions. I drank a buttload of milk while breastfeeding so maybe she was already getting some of it. I dunno if that made a difference. As for the eggs she had them a little after one. The only thing she NEVER got b4 one was Honey but thats cuz i had a cousin who got honey b4 one and had a huge reaction. So i steered clear. . . i think she has hadf honey now. She is 2.5 ish
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 4:00 PM on May. 24, 2010

• My doctor told me that after 8 months they can have anything except straight milk (dairy is fine), peanut products, shellfish (fish is fine), and honey. She said go ahead with everything elso.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:01 PM on May. 24, 2010

• No egg whites unitl 1. No dairy until one.

Both are allergy trigger foods.

yogurt made from rice or coconut are probably fine.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:12 PM on May. 24, 2010