Can a 10 month old really eat eggs and yogurt?

Ive read in a paper from his doctor not to give eggs until he is 1 year old, and the same for milk, but on baby center it says he can be eating that. But doesnt yogurt have milk in it, or is there a special brand of yogurt for babies? Also, if they can eat eggs, is it only the yellow or white part, or the whole thing?

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they cannot eat eggs until they are a year old. they cant have cows milk until they are a year old. there is gerber baby yogurt, its in the baby aisle.

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:53 PM on May. 24, 2010

• my son was eating eggs early like at 5 months when he learned to pick up his food and eat it.... everyone is different.

Answer by joycegina at 3:54 PM on May. 24, 2010

• i gave my daughter yogurt at 6 or 7 months. you just have to make sure its the full fat stuff, i gave my daughter minigo and petite danon..she has had yogurt literally every day since i first started her back then..shes 6 years old now. although now i give her any type of yogurt..

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:55 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I THINK that egg whites are ok. I'm not sure. My kids don't eat eggs but I vaguely remember one ped telling me the whites are OK when my oldest was under a yr. I has however been 6 yrs since then so the info might have changed.

Answer by PandTsmomjuly at 3:56 PM on May. 24, 2010

• as for eggs, i also heard not until not sure when i first gave her eggs, because i dont really like eggs

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:56 PM on May. 24, 2010

• All babies are different. My oldest couldn't eat eggs until after a year. At a year when he ate anything with eggs in it, where ever it touched his skin he broke out in a rash. He is 21 months now and is fine. We also fed him that YoBaby yogurt....he puked every time he had it. Withing a half hour of eating it, it came back up. But he has been eating regular yogurt for a while now. Something in the YoBaby yogurt didn't settle well. Now if you have any hereditary allergies to food I would just hold off on both until close to a year. Try a little at a time and watch for any reactions.

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:57 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Yogurt IS made out of the milk, but it doesn't contain the amount of lactose (what a child could become allergic to or intolerant of) that regular milk does. Plus the active bacteria cultures in it help boost the digestive system. And it can be given at 9 months.

I don't remember about eggs. I thought it was fully cooked yolk at 9 months, and then whole eggs at 12.

• i held off on eggs but she was weaned to whoiel milk at 10 months from being brestfed. They say giving them certain things too early can cause allergic reactions. I drank a buttload of milk while breastfeeding so maybe she was already getting some of it. I dunno if that made a difference. As for the eggs she had them a little after one. The only thing she NEVER got b4 one was Honey but thats cuz i had a cousin who got honey b4 one and had a huge reaction. So i steered clear. . . i think she has hadf honey now. She is 2.5 ish

Answer by smilelovesmile at 4:00 PM on May. 24, 2010

• My doctor told me that after 8 months they can have anything except straight milk (dairy is fine), peanut products, shellfish (fish is fine), and honey. She said go ahead with everything elso.

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:01 PM on May. 24, 2010

• No egg whites unitl 1. No dairy until one.

Both are allergy trigger foods.

yogurt made from rice or coconut are probably fine.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:12 PM on May. 24, 2010