How do I get my husband to work out?

So when I first met DH he was amazing, and gorgeous looking. He was toned and muscular, but after 2 years and 2 babies he let himself go.. How can I get him back into working out and looking great again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Lol promise him sex everyday!! if he works out.
    Anonymous

• Get a picture of him when he was georgeous and post it in the fridge, along with maybe a diet menu and some workout tips. You can also post this message: "Wanted", Have you seen this man?

Answer by older at 4:42 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Get him a Gym membership for father's day and tell him you got it so he canhave some much needed alone time
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:49 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Do it together. Start by asking him to take walks with you in the evening so YOU can get into shape. Then bump it up to jogs. And then keep going. Many people don't get that men can be just as hard on themselves as women when it comes to their bodies, so be gentle about it.
    Anonymous

• Ya know, if a MAN had written this he'd be emasculated for being shallow.

Is he unhealthy? Then let it go. You can certainly try the above prescribed methods...but remember that ALL of us put on weight as we age.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:50 PM on May. 24, 2010

• gdiamante, Is he unhealthy? Then let it go. You can certainly try the above prescribed methods...but remember that ALL of us put on weight as we age.

That is a fallacy and an excuse, we put on weight because we are not active, not because we get old, I weigh the same I weighed when I was in high school, I say bolony!!!!!! I am 60, going to turn 61 this year.

Answer by older at 4:54 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Get a fishing pole...attatch a can of beer at the end and a bag of Doritos...hold it just out o his reach and let him chase it for an hour a day. Best advice ever. I will send my bill in the mail. lol.
    Anonymous

• Tell him to get on top :) LOL!
    Anonymous

• I'd tell him that I was thinking that WE should start working out. Even walking around the block with the kids would get him started getting up and moving.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:00 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Older, I do agree that being more active is important. There are actually more risks to being skinny and inactive than to being overweight and active. I have neighbors in their 70s who are still very active and you're right, they don't appear to have gained much from their wedding pictures. Things just...moved!

But did it strike you that what the OP wrote sounds a lot like what a lot of MEN say about their wives after they've had a baby or two? And the OP isn't stating the degree of change. Does she mean he no longer has washboard abs but still is a healthy weight? Or has he ballooned like the Goodyear Blimp?

It's certainly possible to get him out and about and walking and doing things. But he may no longer be interested in being Mr. Muscle...and if his weight is healthy there's nothing really wrong with that.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:06 PM on May. 24, 2010