which is better...cloth traning pants or disposables like pull-ups?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on May. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• if my son isnt in underwear, he's in cloth training pants. yes it's more laundry, but they have similar benefits to cloth diapers. less landfill waste, more breathable, not as absorbant, not like diapers, lighter on the wallet. I get them at target and jcpenny.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:43 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I would also say cloth training pants, epecially if they don't like feeling wet.....pull-ups are just big diapers and in most cases prolong potty training.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:47 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Better for what? For potty training? Well my son has little pants. He chose to start using the potty himself around and trained himself. He is now 2 and a half. Generally if he is in pull-up diapers regardless of whether cloth or not he will just let me know he needs the toilet but will go in his diaper. So pants are best for that and my son refuses to wear nappies anyway and has gone for a long while.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:54 PM on May. 24, 2010

• cloth
    Anonymous

• Cloth all the way. The only time we used pull-ups was for going out when my son just started training because he took a while to warm up to the idea of using a regular sized toilet so he needed the diaper-like back up. That only took about 3 months and once he started using the big toilet we just put him in undies. We used the rest as overnight diapers until he trained at night.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:47 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Cloth! We tried pullups, but they act just like a diaper, so they did nothing. So we went straight to undies and that worked...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:01 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Cloth training pants. We went straight from diaper to cloth training pants.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:41 PM on May. 24, 2010

• cloth, they save you alot of money plus it makes the kids think they are wearing real underwear. I tried pull ups but I didn'r like and DD thought they were diapers but she did alot better with the cloth ones
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 9:01 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Depends where you and your child are at in the process. If its more of your idea and the kiddo isn't ready, you are going to be washing a lot of cloth training pants, in which case pull ups are better. if your child is really ready, go for cloth.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:15 PM on May. 24, 2010