Would you let your child?

We went camping for Girl scouts this wkend. We went on a hike and their was some mud..one mom volunteer didnt want dd muddy so we went a different way. We hit mud again so I moved off trail (into field about 5 ft) to walk around mud..she said we had to turn around cause ticks are bad this year. I know im laid back but I thought you were supposed to rough it and encounter bugs and mud when you were camping...? whould you be upset if you child walked thru a knee deep field of weeds? or got mud on their shoes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would be more worried about the ticks since deer ticks carry lyme disease. But a little mud? That's nothing and I think it's fine. I'd have squished through it rather than risk ticks.
    Anonymous

• Who was the leader?? You're supposed to stay ON THOSE TRAILS. The mud is much preferred. Why would that mom agree to camping if she was going to be a total pansy about it? I know already that I'd be a pansy, so we skip the camping.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:52 PM on May. 24, 2010

• my dd can romp through both, i dont care. scouts is supose to be fun, and what kid would not love to walk through mud
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:55 PM on May. 24, 2010

• i wouldnt mind either. has this women never been camping before?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:08 PM on May. 24, 2010

• *woman..
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:09 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I would be a bit concerned about the ticks, what with lyme disease and all, but the mud...it's camping. You're supposed to get a little dirty. Where's the fun if you don't? Of course, I do only have boys, so I may not be the best judge here. :)
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:14 PM on May. 24, 2010

• are you serious? ok, ticks can carry diseases so you have to be careful- but a mom actually expected you to change the route because of some mud?

I've got to tell my mom about this one- you should have seen the stuff she had us do when she went to camp with us-

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• OP- Honestly as the leader I find it hard to please everyone and I am a people pleaser by nature. It just seems that if she is that opionated she needs to be the leader cause Im pretty go with the flow. I can understand mentioning the ticks..honestly I dont think about stuff like that. I was thinking field was better than woods cause of posion ivy but honestly as long as i dont loose kids, they dont get hurt and they have fun I dont worry about much else...
    Anonymous

• The mud can be washed off, the ticks are a huge problem.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 5:29 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Ick, I wouldn't let them go camping at all. Ticks are horrible.
    Anonymous