This makes me sick....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/09/16-illegals-sue-arizona-rancher/

This rancer is being sued by 14 illegals for conspiring to violate their civil rights and emotional distress?????? What about his property rights, his right to privacy and his emotional stress?
You who believe in open borders surely cannot believe this is right

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 4:50 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• WOW. WTF....
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 4:53 PM on May. 24, 2010

• do you even have any civil rights if you are an illegal?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:59 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I'd be reminding them of my right to bear arms!
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 5:02 PM on May. 24, 2010

• that poor man, can you imagine having to deal with that on your own land? Hes had to turn over 12,000 immigrants ugh, and now this. I cant believe its even being taken seriously, wouldnt they just deport them, they dont have our civil rights if they arent american, and how can they sue if they are illegal. There was a point in time where I didnt realize how serious the border issues were in America, but it has become more than clear that something has to be done.
    Anonymous

• not to mention doesnt he have the right to even shoot them for trespassing?
    Anonymous

• Chances are they will win. Sadly.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:09 PM on May. 24, 2010

• The article you linked is more than a year old...I cannot find an update on the case. I guess it popped up on the blogosphere because of the immigration law debate.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:21 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Yes, this article was from 2/2009. I think this man's story has been spread country wide and manipulated along the way. This man has been walking and defending his property for the last 12 years. I wonder if this is the same rancher who purportedly has been "Shot Dead" by numerous illegals? Funny how stories keep reappearing and reinventing themselves as time goes on and situations present.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:41 PM on May. 24, 2010

• I am for open borders and YES I THINK THIS IS WRONG!!! The law is the law right now. Although I do not agree with it I will still obey it! This is very wrong and as someone else said sadly they probably will win!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 6:10 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Funny how stories keep reappearing and reinventing themselves as time goes on and situations present.

Because, of course, it must be an urban legend, there can't possibly be court records to back it up.

Oh. Oops.

The eight-member civil jury found that Roger Barnett didn't violate the immigrants' civil rights in 2004

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:07 PM on May. 24, 2010