How can I get my baby to sleep?

My daughter is almost 7 months old and is still waking up every 2 hours? She eats 6 oz every 4 hours, wakes up at 6:30, naps from 10 to 11 then naps from 3 to 4, eats baby food at 630 and goes to bed at 8:30. She wakes at 10 for her "last bottle" and after that she wakes at 12, 2, and 4. Its like she's programmed. I have tried putting cereal in her last bottle. she doesnt have trouble going to sleep just wakes up alot but will go back to slepp with paci or bottle. How can i get herto sleep throught the night. Or at least skip some of the waking up.

Heather07110509

Asked by Heather07110509 at 4:52 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Many will disagree with me, but I think that she's probably just hungry at those times. Feed her, and she goes back to sleep. It WILL pass as she gets older. My advice is just to wait it out.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:10 PM on May. 24, 2010

• when i started my kid off with cereal i just gave water at night and then eventually a pacifier. stop giving her bottles and eventually at the most she will need just something to suck on. dont pick her up or feed her. just pop a sucker in her mouth. dont talk or turn on lights either. she needs to realize that night time is sleep time.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 5:54 PM on May. 24, 2010

• She sounds 100 percent normal. Sleeping all night is one of those thigns that CAN happen before the first birthday but frequently does NOT. Just leave it. Even when she does sleep all night, you won't...it's always gonna be something!

Answer by gdiamante at 6:17 PM on May. 24, 2010