What kind of yard toys/equipment do you have for your kids to play with?

I've been looking to buy some yard stuff for the kids.
Not sure what to get. Everything costs so much.
What do your kids like and what would you reccomen?
Toddlers and preteens.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on May. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have a broom for sweeping and lots of gardening tools as my son likes to help me garden (he is 2 and a half). I have given him his own patch to do whatever he pleases too.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:56 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Toddlers - water table (or just a bucket of water and some bath toys, tricycles, sand/dirt toys, cars/trucks, small pool

Preteens - bicycles, skates, waterguns

Both - cones to ride aound and make obstacle courses, hoola hoops, scooters, sprinkler, balls, sports equipment
    Anonymous

• Slip N slide, sand/garden toys and a big wooden playhouse
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 5:01 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Swingset w/ slide, sand/water table (the water leaks out now tho, ugh), bubble mower, Hot Wheels bike, a push car and whatever else he finds to drag outside, LOL. Going to get him a sandbox at some point and a little wading pool too.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:32 PM on May. 24, 2010

• We're in an apt, we very rarely go outside at all.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 6:34 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Turtle Sand Box
    Little Tykes Swing Set (big mistake, shouldve invested the extra money and bought one they could use up until theyre about 10)
    Monster Truck Power Wheels (lots of fun!)
    Picnic table by Little Tykes. Wish now I'd bought one that they could grow into. At 3 my son was too tall to sit at it anymore.
    Bike.
    Go Diego Go water table.
    Pool. Heres the thing if you're going to buy stuff go to yardsales. I bought most of it new and friends started telling me the deals they got. I got the Diego water table brand new condition for $3! I also got the Power Wheels for $150 brand new condition too it is $499 new.
    Anonymous

• I have a big tub full of trucks, buckets, shovels and sidewalk chalk. :-) Sandboxes and water tables are awesome for the little guys- bigger kids would need stuff they like. Sports equipment- basketball hoop. They are more defined in what they like- ask them! :-)

I get my stuff from craigslist, yard sales and wal*mart... easy to fill up with fun stuff for cheap that way. :-)

HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:16 PM on May. 24, 2010

• They have sticks...lol
    We don't have any big items yet, dh is in the process of building a tree house and it will have slide. At the moment they use their dump trucks, bikes, ball, sidewalk chalk and sticks a lot while outside. They are 2 and 3. Oh, they also like gardening and have their own little tools.
    Anonymous

• Right now we just got the kids "bikes" or guess you could say ride-on toys. We just moved into a place that we finally have our own yard last summer, and haven't gotten the chance to buy stuff. I'm think about going garage saling this weekend to see what I can find since stores are way to expensive
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 1:07 AM on May. 25, 2010

• My kids have scooters, bikes, trikes, a sand box with toys, lots of cars and trucks. They get to play with water when it is warm. Right now the big thing is worms, so they go around finding them and put them in the garden.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 11:59 AM on May. 25, 2010