when did your baby sleep

when did your baby sleep all night my son is 5 months almost 6 months and still isnt sleeping all night any suggestions

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 5:07 PM on May. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My almost 10 month is still not sleeping through the night. My oldest started to sleep through the night at 3 months. My son started at 6 months and my other baby started at around 9 months. Each baby is different and will sleep through the night when he/she is ready. You can try no naps or shorter naps during the day.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 5:09 PM on May. 24, 2010

• Patience. Sleeping through the night is a mere five hours. Dusk to dawn often is not achived in year one...and what mom does tends only to make her feel she's doing something. They sleep longer when they grow into it.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:10 PM on May. 24, 2010

• You make me laugh! Most babies don't sleep through the night on a regular basis until well past their first birthday.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:11 PM on May. 24, 2010

• My son slept 9 to 430 at 6 weeks. At 4 months he moved 9 to 7. At 7 he moved to 9 to 9 and is still there at almost 11 months. However occasionally he will wake up at like 6 and want a small bottle. Thats like twice a month though. My friends daughter is 9 months and still gets up twicve a night. It depends on the kid.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:41 PM on May. 24, 2010

• She did around 16 months. It was a huge relief, though of course we have had some backsliding from teeth and colds! My older 2 were easier though, they slept through pretty well at 8 and 6 months, respectively (at least, till the 2 year old nightmares started)
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 7:19 PM on May. 24, 2010

• All 4 of mine slept 8 plus hours at night by 2 months, 12 hours/night by 5-6 months. Removing daytime naps can backfire and make them overtired, thus less likely to sleep well at night. I put mine in their crib, awake but drowsy since birth. I woke them during the day every 3 hours to feed them and let them sleep as long as they would at night - so they would get in their needed calories during the day and not need them at night.

Answer by missanc at 7:36 PM on May. 24, 2010